Choosing a roofing system and selecting a contractor can be an overwhelming process. Knowing the basics about your roof can protect you from making a big mistake. Roofing 101 helps to educate you about the major components of your roofing system, things to look out for, material selection and warranties. Click on a category below to start learning:
- Roof design types – Styles and anatomy of the roof.
- Early Deterioration – Why your 25 year roof only lasted 10 years.
- Warning Signs – Do you need a new roof?
- Problem Areas – Common issues to watch for.
- Building Code – What’s required vs. what’s recommended.
- Deck Preparation – Overtop vs. Tear off.
- Underlayments – Felts and leak barriers explained.
- Material Options – What type of roof is right for me?
- Metal Flashings – Walls and edges.
- Valleys & Ridge – Cap shingles and valley options.
- Ventilation – Turbines or ridge vents?
- Warranties – The legal stuff.
- Common Mistakes – Workmanship Exposed.
If you require more information on any above the above topics please contact a Dayus Roofing representative.
Only 3% of roofing contractors in North America are Master Elite Certified through GAF. Click Here to learn more about the Dayus Advantage.
Roofing 101 Topics
- Roof Design Types
- Early Deterioration
- Warning Signs
- Problem Areas
- Building Code
- Deck Preparation
- Material Options
- Metal Flashings
- Valleys & Ridges
- Common Mistakes
50 years materials defects coverage and a 25 year workmanship guarantee makes the GAF Golden Pledge one of the best warranties in the industry today! Click here to learn more.